Tuesday, April 6, 2010

this side of the blue

it's snowing in Alaska today. It's beautiful. a bit surprising to see snow again. i thought my winter days were over. i guess that's a little naive due to my location. oh and i saw three moose yesterday. they were just kicking it in someone's yard. i got really close and got some pictures. they are hauntingly beautiful. they kind of reminded me of camels(though i've never seen a camel up close), maybe they are from the same family?

i've been here a week and have been teaching and rehearsing for Intersections. i can't believe i've been here for a week. it seems to have flown by. or sprinted by.
the work is fun and the people are great. i've been spending a lot of time with my friends Sarah and Brian. i even did a line dance to hip hop music at a gay bar......oh and a drunk woman poked me in the eye whilst frantically dancing with me. a little painful but a lot hilarious.

i'm still trying to get used to the way life moves through here. haven't been feeling myself lately but i'm putting it all down to a change of pace and a fresh outlook on things. i finally have one of my guitars! i picked it up from the storage unit while i was in Chicago. so i'll be spending some time broadening my skills.

still on the hunt for a place to stay for the sabbatical in August. i think Ryan will be joining us so that's great. i'm looking forward to it immensely and can't wait to find the perfect place.....or perfect enough place.

if you haven't listened to the new Joanna Newsom album i advise you to do so. it's magical.
and so are you.

1 comment:

  1. you've seen the moose, now for the naked men running through the streets.
    i have a bunch of leads on places, people puttin the word out. it's coming. :)

    ReplyDelete